Do not invest unless you are prepared to lose all the money you invest. This is a high-risk investment and you are unlikely to be protected if something goes wrong.
Take 2 min to learn more. Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins.
Due to potential losses, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) considers this investment to be very complex and high risk. What are the key risks?
1. You could lose all the money you invest
· If the business offering this investment fails, there is a high risk that you will lose all your money. Businesses like this often fail as they usually use risky investment strategies.
2. You are unlikely to be protected if something goes wrong
· Protection from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), in relation to claims against failed regulated firms, does not cover poor investment performance. Try the FSCS investment protection checker here.
· Protection from the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) does not cover poor investment performance. If you have a complaint against an FCA-regulated firm, FOS may be able to consider it. Learn more about FOS protection here.
3. You are unlikely to get your money back quickly
· This type of business could face cash-flow problems that delay payments to investors. It could also fail altogether and be unable to repay any of the money owed to you.
· You are unlikely to be able to cash in your investment early by selling your investment. In the rare circumstances where it is possible to sell your investment in a ‘secondary market’, you may not find a buyer at the price you are willing to sell.
· You may have to pay exit fees or additional charges to take any money out of your investment early.
4. This is a complex investment
· This kind of investment has a complex structure based on other risky investments, which makes it difficult for the investor to know where their money is going.
· This makes it difficult to predict how risky the investment is, but it will most likely be high.
· You may wish to get financial advice before deciding to invest.
5. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket
· Putting all your money into a single business or type of investment for example, is risky.
· A good rule of thumb is not to invest more than 10% of your money in high-risk investments.
If you are interested in learning more about how to protect yourself, visit the FCA’s website here.
MD One Ventures Limited (FRN 979833) is an Appointed Representative of AQ1443 Limited, a firm authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under FRN: 978496. MD One Ventures Limited is registered in England with company number 13736446 and with a registered office at One Connaught Place, London, W2 2ET.www.fca.gov.uk/register.
Your capital is at risk. Investing in early-stage companies involves risks including loss of capital, illiquidity, lack of dividends and dilution.
This website is for information only. The wording contained in this website is not to be construed as advice or an offer, advice, invitation or solicitation to enter into any financial obligation, activity or promotion of any kind. The provision of any investment services and products, whether or not mentioned in this website, may not always be suitable for an investor, and we recommend that any potential investor consults a financial adviser before entering into any investment contract.
Please remember that all investments are subject to some degree of risk and that investment value and performance may go up as well as down. You may not always get back all of your investment and there will always be a cost associated with any product which you may purchase or sell. Past performance is not always an indication of future performance.
MD One Ventures Limited takes considerable care to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate as of the date of publication. However, no warranty is given as to the accuracy of completeness of any such information and no liability is accepted for any errors or omissions contained therein.
MD One Ventures Limited accepts no legal liability for any loss, damages or expenses which you may suffer or incur directly or indirectly by you accessing this website or any third party website which has a link to this website.
The website is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any individuals or entities in any jurisdiction where such distribution would be contrary to the laws of that jurisdiction or subject MD One Ventures Limited to any registration requirements. MD One Ventures Limited cannot accept any liability for information contained in third party websites which may have links from and to our website.
The MD One Ventures Limited brand identity and its constituent elements (logotype, monogram, descriptor, mark, URL) are the property of MD One Ventures Limited. All rights are reserved.
MD One Ventures Limited believe that all clients deserve a high quality service. If you are unhappy with our service you are entitled to express your dissatisfaction with any member of staff or contact us in writing. We undertake to deal with your complaint fairly and effectively. We will act in accordance with the rules and regulations set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). You should address your complaint as follows:
The Compliance Officer
MD One Ventures Limited
One Connaught Place
The Financial Ombudsman Service is available to sort out individual complaints that clients and financial services businesses aren't able to resolve themselves. To contact the Financial Ombudsman Service please visit www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk